What is eTrition?
eTrition is a browser-based enterprise school nutrition system. Featuring a centralized database, eTrition offers more security and central control of important data and tasks, while simplifying the role of school site users.
For school nutrition professionals:
- Central control of patrons, users, setup options, food items, and pricing
- “Safety net” serving means that if the network fails you can continue serving on a local database indefinitely
- Browser-based means patrons are eligible for service at any cafeteria
- Any network computer in the district can be a workstation
- Very low workstation requirements . . .
- This allows you to stretch your budget by making use of existing functional computers
- No software to maintain at each school -- this simplifies the role of site users to serving and crediting only
For technology professionals:
- Installation and updates are made in just one place . . .
- This allows cafeteria computers to be configured very simply, which lowers support costs and frees up your time
- Browser-based means lower hardware requirements and fewer points of failure
- Built on the .NET framework, allowing eTrition to support your security procedures rather than work around them
- Centralized SQL server database is maintained in just one place
- Sensitive data is encrypted and not unavailable to unauthorized users